When you take the time and energy to apply for a new credit card, you want to get
the best one available to you. Here are 3 top factors that could affect your ability
to qualify for the credit card offers
you really want.
Not all credit card offers are available to all borrowers. By avoiding these mistakes,
you can increase your chance of qualifying Your
best credit card deals.
Avoiding mistakes that could lower your credit score.
If having a great credit score were easy, everyone would have one right? However,
there are some things you can do to maintain and protect your credit score:
Avoid missing or making late payments.
- If you have been careless payments in the past try to be a bit more careful. Try
make them on tome and avoid missing them in the future.
- Making all your payments on time for as little as one month can help if you’ve been
- Set up a reminder system, so you know the due date of your different bills. When
money is tight, you may have to carefully prioritize your payments so you don’t
miss the due dates.
Don’t overuse your credit.
- Try to keep your existing credit cards under a 35% utilization. If you are using
over 35% on an existing credit card, perhaps you can pay it down below 35% or do
a credit card balance transfer.
- Try do defer new purchases for a month or two. By bringing down your balances, you
may be able to get the best credit card deal and use the introductory rates on the
new card to make the purchases you need under better terms later.
Don’t act as a co-signer unless you know the person is financially responsible.
- When you co-sign a loan for someone, their missed or late payments will effect your
- If you do co-sign a loan for someone, make sure the lender sends you copies of the
bills so you can verify the payments are being made in a timely fashion.
Four extra tips to help your credit:
- Don’t apply for too many credit cards in a short period.
- Use some credit wisely. Using some credit is much better than using no credit at
all. Lender’s need to see some credit history to qualify you for credit cards.
- Check your credit report for errors. If you find a credit problem that you believe
to be in error, report it to the reporting credit bureau.
- Canceling other credit cards. While it may seem like a good idea to cancel other
credit cards before you apply for credit card programs, it may not be. Shutting
down other accounts may remove part of your credit history (which is a part of your
credit score) and it can make your debt ratio actually look worse!
Find your Best Credit Card at CreditCardApplications.com!
Let Credit Card Application MATCH YOU to the
credit card application best for your specific situation. It’s easy and we make
Our advanced tools make finding your best
credit card offer fast and easy:
Our fast-comparison matrix lets you see all the ‘Vital Signs’ at a glance.
Tell use about yourself and your credit card needs and we’ll match you to your best
credit card offers.
Just tell us whether you are a business, consumer or student and tell us the credit
card features you need including:
- Low Interest
- Cash Back
- and more!
We also provide top category credit card types, such as:
Be selective when you apply
for credit card programs. It is far better to carefully compare credit cards
that have the features and benefits you need and then fill out only one or two credit
card applications. In fact, filling out too many applications, can actually hurt
your chances of being approved for the offers you really want.
If you need for information about how to compare credit cards, see our article:
Thanks for checking out CreditCardApplications.com where we match you to YOUR Best Credit Cards.